The Lake District is stunning in the winter months, cool crisp days and snow dusting the fells makes for a gorgeous backdrop for bot your wedding day and the photographs that follow. There is no getting away from the weather, so making keeping you and your guests’ warm part of the winter wedding planning is a great idea.
Broadoaks is a gorgeous county house in the heart of the Lake District, and as an exclusive use wedding venue you can decorate as you choose as the whole venue will be just for you for the entirety of your wedding. Here are some great ideas on keeping the bridal party and guests warm at a winter wedding.
Winter Wedding Warming Ideas
A winter wedding can be incredibly cosy, romantic, and magical. Here are some warm and inviting ideas to make your winter wedding a memorable celebration:
- Rich Colour Palette – Embrace warm and rich colours that evoke a sense of coziness. Deep burgundy, emerald green, navy, gold, and rich reds can create a warm and inviting atmosphere.
- Faux Fur Accessories – Incorporate faux fur accessories for the bridal party. This could include faux fur stoles, wraps, or even stylish fur-lined capes for a touch of warmth and luxury.
- Hot Cocoa or Mulled Wine Station – Set up a hot cocoa or mulled wine station for guests to enjoy before or after the ceremony. Include marshmallows, whipped cream, and cinnamon sticks for extra flavour.
- Candlelit Décor – Create a warm and intimate ambiance with lots of candles. Use candle centrepieces, lanterns, and string lights to add a soft and inviting glow to your reception.
- Winter-Themed Signature Drinks – Serve winter-themed signature drinks at the bar. Consider beverages like spiked hot chocolate, warm apple cider with bourbon, or a festive winter sangria.
- Blankets for Guests – Provide cozy blankets for guests to use during the ceremony or reception. You can even personalize the blankets with your wedding date or initials.
- Comfort Food Menu – Opt for a comfort food menu with hearty and warming dishes. Consider options like roasted root vegetables, creamy soups, and indulgent desserts like bread pudding or warm fruit crisps.
- Winter Florals – Use winter blooms like deep red roses, pinecones, holly, and evergreen branches in your floral arrangements. Add touches of metallic accents for an extra festive touch.
- Warm Invitations – Set the tone for your winter wedding with warm and inviting invitations. Choose a colour palette that complements the season and consider incorporating elements like snowflakes or evergreen motifs.
- Cozy Lounge Areas – Create cozy lounge areas with plush furniture, blankets, and throw pillows. This gives guests a comfortable space to relax and enjoy the celebration.
- Winter Wedding Favours – Offer winter-themed wedding favours such as personalized mugs, hot chocolate mix, or mini bottles of flavoured liqueurs.
- Dramatic Lighting Effects – Use dramatic lighting effects to enhance the winter atmosphere. Consider projections of falling snowflakes or a starry night sky on the dance floor.
- Winter-Inspired Cake – Choose a wedding cake that reflects the season. Consider a cake adorned with winter foliage, metallic accents, or even a subtle snowflake design.
- Fur-Lined Bridal Attire – Choose bridal attire with fur or faux fur accents. This could include a fur stole, a fur-lined cape, or even fur-trimmed gloves.
Broadoaks is a gorgeous wedding venue for the winter as it has roaring fires, softly lit spaces and can be decorated to your wedding theme ideas, making it easy to keep your guests warm and comfortable for your winter wedding.