Dog Friendly Hotel In The Lake District
Congratulations on finding Broadoaks Country House. If you have a dog and you are looking to bring your best friend away with you then you have found the right place. As dog owners ourselves we take great pride in offering our beautiful country house to similar considerate dog owners.
Broadoaks presides over some of the finest walking country in England, so naturally, its owners wanted to offer the warmest welcome to everyone drawn to the Lake District National Park to stretch their legs – two and four-legged.
What this beautiful gem of a boutique country house hotel has managed to create is uber-luxury for people where well-behaved guests’ dogs are welcome too. With a complete disregard for the ‘stuffiness’ that can prompt some luxury hotels to adopt a no-dogs policy, Broadoaks’ style is to do it differently. It recognises that dogs are guests too and that, if their owners are coming to one of the UK’s walking capitals, they’re going to want to bring their best friend. Consequently, their needs have been treated with the same level of thought and consideration as their owners’.
( do look out for the “paw” symbol when you view the rooms )
Rates are £25 per night DDBB (Doggie Dinner Bed and Breakfast)
Rates are £20 per night DBB (Doggie Bed and Breakfast)
We will treat your best friend as one of our guests, they will receive a personal pack of treats on arrival (from Flo the cavapoo) along with a copy of her 4 paws menu.
Broadoaks would like to introduce “Flo” the house cavapoo
My name is Flo (or Flo Mo to my friends) and I would like to welcome you to “my” lovely hotel – Broadoaks Country House which offers dog friendly accommodation.
It took a lot of convincing to allow me to invite my friends to Broadoaks, so you will really need to be on your best behaviour or I will get into trouble.
I have worked very hard with our chef Sharon and our food suppliers to put a special menu together for your stay.
I hope you like it, if you do have any special dietary requirements then just let us know before you arrive and Sharon has promised me that she will do her best to prepare something to suit your taste buds.
Flo’s house rules:
- No pups under the age of 12 months
- Only Two “small to medium sized” dogs (up to 25kg) allowed in each dog friendly room
- Collars, Leads ( & Tiaras ) must be worn when in the main house and grounds
- No jumping on the beds or seating with dirty paws
- No howling, barking or singing in the house or you will be asked to go and sit in your car or naughty corner
- We are not allowed to join the grownups in the main Oaks restaurant
- Our recently refurbished bar is available for doggies to sit under the table , but may only be booked on the day of your arrival and is subject to availability .
- To allow your humans to have a quiet dinner , we would suggest that doggies stay in their crates or in one of our external kennels .
- Doggies are allowed in all other public areas including the music room and bar, we also have a dedicated walking field at the back of the house that can be used for morning exercise …yippee no leads required!
- Poop bags and specially designated poop bins must be used
- Your parents will need to pay a damage deposit of £250 before check in to your room
- Please do bring your own bed and seating covers if you can’t be trusted to stay on the floor !
Menu tasting for the 4 paws menu
The menu tasting was done by our lovely Cockapoo Molly in July 2016 (just before she lost her battle with cancer) - we left up these videos in her memory:
Are you staying with us at Christmas or New Year?
In addition to the 4 Paws Menu, all dogs who are lucky enough to be staying over for either the Christmas or New Year packages will receive a small gift hamper from Flo that contains a few of her favourite festive treats.