DINING OUT IN THE LAKE DISTRICT – OAKS RESTAURANT
CUMBRIAN PRODUCE WITH A FRENCH TWIST
Our kitchen is headed by accomplished executive chef Sharon Elders. The 42-year-old award-winner from Morecambe, who has worked at several restaurants including Longlands Hotel in Lancaster, The Pines Hotel in Chorley and Lucy’s in Ambleside, was once Lisa Allen’s boss when the Great British Menu winner was just starting out. She passed on words of wisdom to her and encouraged her to go for what she wanted.
Today, she is doing the same with her team in the kitchen at Broadoaks. Much of her menu celebrates local produce from across Lancashire and the Lake District.
“I consider myself very fortunate to have grown up in Lancashire & Cumbria, regularly walking through the dominating landscapes, past the produce we use in our kitchen and appreciating the preservation of rural standards and sustainability. Working alongside the rest of the team at Broadoaks, we have carefully selected our suppliers with this influence in mind, ensuring we find guaranteed local produce from suppliers who are genuinely focused on delivering the highest quality whilst not compromising on welfare and assured standards.
The dining experience in Oaks Brasserie aims to encapsulate our ‘Fusion’ ethos, combining modern French fine dining classics with our own Cumbrian favourites. Our Dinner experience starts with nibbles in the music room ….. we look forward to seeing you”.
Our 4-course Gourmet dinner menu is served from 7pm each evening
This menu represents a selection of the items that will be on the menu each day, some items will change upon seasonality.
Taste & Times Dining club card holders welcome (pre booking essential, subject to availability).
BROADOAKS CUMBRIAN BREAKFAST
- Home made Jams, Marmalades & Lemon Curd
- Vanilla Seed Yogurt & Fruit Compotes
- Fresh Fruit and Fruit Juices
- Green Tea Marinated Agen Prunes
- Cereals & Homemade Granola
Full Cumbrian with all the trimmings:
Bacon, Cumberland Sausage, Black Pudding, Tomatoes, Mushrooms, Baked Beans & Eggs (Scrambled, Fried or Poached)
OR TO ORDER
- Warm Griddled Pancakes with Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup or Blackcurrant Compote
- Beech smoked Cartmel Valley Kipper with lemon parsley butter
- Bacon or Sausage Sandwich
- Omelettes: Cheese, Ham or Mushroom
- Porridge & Lakeland Heather Honey
A reduced menu options is available for in room dining, all information is provided in room guest books
We have created some funky food options for our little people who come and stay at Broadoaks, we know some of you have some very strange eating habits so if you can’t find what you want on our menu just let us know, our chefs will be happy to help.
- Cheesy Garlic Bread
- Melon Boat & Fruit
- Soup and Freshly Baked Roll
- Battered Chicken Nuggets, Fries & Coleslaw
- Mini Steak and Fries
- Broadoaks Chipolata Sausages, Mash Potato and Gravy
- Penne Pasta, Garlic Ciabatta
- Broadoaks Mini Platter (Ham, Cheese, Cucumber, Tomato, Carrots & Dip)
Selection of Lakeland Ice Cream
- 1 Course £7.95
- 2 Courses £10.95
- 3 Courses £12.95