Standard Room Bookings & Conditions
- Making a booking, Deposits and Payments
- All rooms at Broadoaks are released for booking any day within the following 90 days ( 3 months ) from the day that you speak to us. ( We operate this policy as our main business is as an exclusive hire venue for weddings or special parties ). Note: If you are interested in booking further in advance for a stay and would like details of our fully exclusive hire packages, then please call reception and ask to speak with our dedicated events team.
- A Maximum of 8 rooms for a single group may be booked at any one time subject of course to our availability. If more rooms are needed, then you will need to speak to our events team about making an exclusive hire booking.
- If you have already booked a 24hr exclusive hire function with us and you think you may need some rooms the night before, the only way that we can guarantee this is if you book the hotel exclusively the night before too.
- We will ask you for a non-refundable deposit of £75.00 to secure each individual room reservation; the remainder is charged to your account and is due for payment on check out.
- The credit or debit card that you use MUST be registered to the address that you give to us when you book.
- We do not accept cheques; all payments made by BACS must be cleared prior to arrival or departure.
- Cancellation Policy
- When you make a reservation it is a contract in law; we appreciate that things sometimes do change so we would urge you to take out travel insurance in the event of a cancellation out of your control then you are covered.
- To book a room, we will ask you for a £75 deposit. All deposits are non-refundable we will, however, allow you to transfer the booking to another date as long as the change is made within 14 days of your stay. You may be asked to pay the difference in the booking value if you have moved to a higher-priced season or room type.
- Bookings cancelled within 14 days of arrival will be charged at 50% of the FULL stay value, including food and any pre-agreed extras booked. We will do our very best to resell the room within the 14 days. If we do, then we will refund your credit card with the amount we receive less 25% of the value of your total booking to cover administration costs (and to cover any commissions we may have paid to booking agents).
- If you have booked a room using a discounted 3rd party voucher purchased from another company, e.g. Groupon, Travelzoo, Wowcher, etc. then the date may be moved “once “to another date within the allocated date range stated on the voucher as long as the change is made within 14 days of your stay.
- Check-in and Check out
- Check-in is guaranteed from 3 pm on the day of arrival, if you do need an earlier check-in time please just call us in advance, we will try our very best to accommodate your request. Check out is generally 11 am on the day of departure, if you find our beds so comfortable that you just can’t get up, then subject to availability we might be able to give you a little more time.
- Single Occupancy
- We are pleased to offer the rooms from our Bijou collection for single occupancy, see our tariff for details of discount available. If other rooms are available on the day of arrival, then you will be invited to upgrade if you so wish.
- Children and Extra adults
- We do not charge for children aged three years and under providing they don’t eat cooked full breakfasts!
- All other children (3yrs to 11yrs) will be charged at £30.00 B&B.
- Extra Adults staying in designated rooms will be charged at £50.00 B&B.
- The above rates assume that two other adults will be sharing the same room with their extra guests. Not all of our rooms are suitable for accomodating extra guests so please ask us at the time of booking.
- Children are allowed in the Oaks restaurant, providing they are seated and not making a noise disturbing other guests.
- We welcome well-behaved dogs to stay in the following guest rooms: The Retreat, The Boudoir, and all 3 of our Garden Suites.
- Dogs “on a lead” are permitted in the following public areas & rooms: The Front Bar, our Music Room, all main grounds and outside terraces.
- Dogs “off the lead” are permitted in our rear dog walking field at the back of the house. This is a dedicated and enclosed area specifically for dog owners.
- Dog guests must be over 12 months old, maximum of 2 medium-sized ( up to 25kg ) dogs per room.
- Dogs are charged at £25 DDBB (Doggie Dinner Bed & Breakfast) per night (see 4 paws menu on our web site for food selections). The price will be reduced by £5 if your own food provided.
- Dogs are NOT allowed in our fine dining restaurant or in our Orangery. Our small bar has 1 table that can be booked for two adults and one dog for dining. We regret that this table can only be confirmed 24 hours in advance and is only available if we have less than 50% occupancy in the house.
- If your dog causes disturbance to other guests while they are in the house or in your room, then we may politely need to ask you to move the dog into your car.
- A damage deposit of £250 will be held on a credit card of your choice. Typically this amount is held for up to 3 days by the credit card company. If you are paying cash, then we will require payment of this amount in full. If you are paying cash, then we will need to do a room inspection prior to your departure.
- Any damage found after your departure will be photographed, date-stamped, and emailed to you within 24 hours of your stay. Spoilage and damage charges will be applied to your account per clause ten below. The amount will be held back from the damage deposit held; if this is not sufficient, then you will be sent an invoice for the remaining amount. The amount should be paid within seven days of your departure.
- We would strongly recommend not leaving your dog in our bedrooms unattended, from past experience if your dog frets in your absence then they sometimes decide to scratch or chew items in our rooms.
- We reserve the right to increase prices by the relevant amount if VAT is increased on or before arrival dates. VAT is included at the current rate.
- Payment Methods
- We welcome cash, all major credit cards except AMEX.
- We are a STRICT NON SMOKING HOUSE; smoking is permitted on our outside terraces and gardens only. We also respectfully ask that you and your guests please use the ashtrays provided. The minimum charge for non-compliance is £150 per guest room.
- Spoilage and Damage to Rooms & Furniture
- We politely ask you to let us know if you have had an accident in one of our rooms, we will then work with you to agree on how payment might be made to rectify the damage caused.
- Non-Broadoaks Food & Drink
- We do not permit customers to consume their own alcohol in any of our public rooms or grounds unless it has been specifically agreed in advance.
Christmas & New Year Breaks TERMS & CONDITIONSDownload terms and conditions
Christmas Party Nights TERMS & CONDITIONSDownload terms and conditions
Gift Vouchers TERMS & CONDITIONSDownload terms and conditions
Room Book Mark TERMS & CONDITIONSDownload terms and conditions
Exclusive Private Hire weddings and parties
Please note that our Terms and Conditions for our exclusive hire packages are sent out individually with each booking to the couple who have made the booking.
If you are a guest attending an event at an exclusive hire function then one thing to note is that our check in time for our rooms is 3pm, so if you have been invited to wedding that is taking place before this time then you should arrive at the hotel ready to attend the function. The couple will be allocated 3 rooms to use from 1pm so if you feel that you will need extra time then you should speak with them directly to see if they are happy for you to use one of the three allocated rooms.