For adventurous couples, the Lake District seems the obvious place to be married and if you are looking to incorporate that adventurous outdoor spirit into your wedding the five-star Country House Hotel Broadoaks is just the place to do it.
Broadoaks has beautiful grounds and the option to decorate the interior to your specifications this, combined with the dramatic, beautiful Lake District landscape, makes the perfect backdrop for your special day – especially if you and your guests are willing to get outdoors.
Here are a few great ways to bring your adventurous spirit to your wedding and why the Lake District is the perfect backdrop for your special day.
The Great Outdoors
Using the outside space at your Lake District wedding venue is a great way to incorporate that adventure feel to your wedding day. Broadoaks has mature beautiful grounds that you can use as you wish on your special day. Could you offer a guided morning fell walk before the ceremony starts or a clay pigeon shooting competition to keep everyone entertained before the evening party?
The Lake District is an amazing place for wedding photographs, the grounds at Broadoaks are beautiful but if you have a favourite fell then hiking up in your wedding outfits and your hiking boots with just the two of you and your photographer will make for some unique and truly personal wedding photos.
Adventure Themed Wedding Details
The little details will tie the theme together nicely. Here’s some ideas:
- Have an outdoor adventure cake – there are tons on Pinterest if you need ideas, but one cute idea is to have the icing look like tree bark with your names ‘carved’ into the side
- Get creative with the favours – personalized American-style camp mugs make a great favour and will give your guests a brilliant memento. Failing that, a compass is a great present for your guests and adds to the adventure theme. If you are planning for guests to be outside, then warm blankets make great favours too!
- Utilize maps in your décor – maps make a great backdrop for place settings and seating plans.
- Go for rustic decorations – wellie boots stuffed with flowers, picnic blankets and wildflowers make for beautiful low-fuss décor.
- Name your tables after your favourite places in the Lake District such as Windermere and Buttermere or after your favourite adventure activities like Sky Diving or Climbing – this is a lovely, personalized touch.
- Call your order of service a guidebook and include a guide to how you met each other.
- Wildflower bouquets and crowns will add to the natural adventure theme as will using pinecones as boutonnieres.
Make the Most of the Evening
Imagine a stunning sunset in the Lakes – and your guests partying on into the night. You can use the outdoors wisely here – string fairy lights around trees in the grounds, lay picnic blankets and big cushions on the floor for guests to sit and chat. An outdoor reception in the evening could be stunning – and you can guarantee your guests will remember it for years to come.
The team at Broadoaks are looking forward to welcoming you for your wedding day and can help you create your perfect day whatever theme you happen to choose.