If you’re considering a camping-themed wedding, the Lake District could be the perfect setting. With a dramatic, beautiful landscape, it could be the perfect backdrop to your special day – especially if you and your guests are willing to get outdoors.
The Great Outdoors
Using the outside space at your Lake District wedding venue is a great way to incorporate that outdoor camping feel to your wedding day. Broadoaks has mature beautiful grounds that you can use as you wish on your special day. Could you have some pretty tents set up with treats or a quiz available at each space? Could you send your guests on your favourite easy walk in the lakes on the morning of your wedding?
The Lake District is an amazing place for wedding photographs, the grounds at Broadoaks are beautiful but if you have a favourite fell then hiking up in your wedding outfits and your hiking boots with just the two of you and your photographer will make for some unique and truly personal wedding photos.
Camping Themed Wedding Details
The little details will tie the theme together nicely. Here’s some ideas:
- Have a camping-themed cake – there are tons on Pinterest if you need ideas, but one cute idea is to have the icing look like tree bark with your names ‘carved’ into the side
- Get creative with the favours – personalised American-style camp mugs make a great favour and will give your guests a brilliant memento. Failing that, a compass is a great present for your guests and adds to the camping theme. If you are planning for guests to be outside at your camp blankets make great favours too!
- Utilise maps in your décor – maps make a great backdrop for place settings and seating plans.
- Go for rustic decorations – wellie boots stuffed with flowers, picnic blankets and wildflowers make for beautiful low-fuss décor.
- Name your tables after your favourite places in the Lake District – this is a lovely, personalised touch.
- Call your order of service a guidebook, and include a guide to how you met each other.
- Wildflower bouquets and crowns will add to the natural camping theme as will using pinecones as boutonnieres.
Make the Most of the Evening
Imagine a stunning sunset in the Lakes – and your guests partying on into the night. You can use the outdoors wisely here – string fairy lights around trees in the grounds, lay picnic blankets and big cushions on the floor for guests to sit and chat, and serve toasted marshmallows. An outdoor reception in the evening could be stunning – and you can guarantee your guests will remember it for years to come.
The team at Broadoaks are looking forward to welcoming you for your wedding day and can help you create your perfect day whatever theme you happen to choose.
Although at Broadoaks we don’t offer any camping facilities for your guests to pitch a tent we invite your guests to use the luxury rooms 16 rooms in the main house or the 4 lodges we have in the grounds. Should you want to accommodate more guests for any true campers who prefer to lay under the stars they can stay one of the many campsites available in the Lake District.