Wedding favours are a great memento for your guests and there are so many unique, creative ideas for favours out there – long gone are the days of sugared almonds at every wedding!
You can find something that your guests will appreciate on every budget to suit every theme. Whether you want to go for a natural keepsake, something edible, something Lake District related, or a gift they can treasure forever, there are so many great options to choose from.
Here are some great Wedding Favours for Every Budget!
Wedding Favours – Keepsakes
If you want something your guests can take home and keep forever, there are some great favours to pick from. While these may be a little more expensive than some edible favours, you can still pick up some sweet tokens of your appreciation:
- Keyrings – you can buy these in bulk and they can be personalised with a hand-written label
- Magnets – again, these can be personalised with your wedding date or left plain.
- Vintage-style keys – these can be bought in bulk and again, can be personalised using a hand-written label. These would suit a romantic, whimsical outdoor wedding.
- Coasters – these can be printed with your names and the date of your wedding, making a nice memento.
Wedding Favours – Natural Favours
Natural favours are not only environmentally friendly, but they’re also great if you want low-cost favours. Some ideas include:
- Seeds – you could choose wildflowers, or flowers that have a special meaning to you, or local Lake District flowers! If your guests plant them, they will be reminded of your wedding day when they eventually bloom.
- Succulent seedlings – planted in tiny pots, these will be a living memento of your special day.
- Natural materials – depending on your theme, stones, shells, or wood slices could work well, and also, double up as place names.
- Hanging birdseed decorations – these are super easy to make and are perfect if you want to give back to nature a little on your big day.
Wedding Favours – Edible Treats
Finally, there are classic edible favours. Chocolates always go down well, but if you want something different, here are a few ideas:
- Individual biscuits or cookies – go homemade to save money, or if you have a bit more to spend, you can find some incredibly beautiful decorated biscuits to suit your theme.
- Locally sourced treats such as Grasmere Gingerbread or Kendal Mint Cake.
- Flavoured oil – herb oil is easy to make, by popping a sprig of a woody herb (like rosemary or thyme) into some oil in a small bottle. A lovely keepsake for foodies.
- Mini jams or chutneys – these are a classic gift for guest and there are many local Lake District makers who do small favour sized treats.
- Mini bottles of gin – (or elderflower cordial if you don’t want to go with alcohol). A welcomed gift by many, although a little pricier. A great gift for your loved ones.