Weddings are certainly more appreciated now than ever before. The gathering together of friends and family to celebrate something as lovely as a wedding is something guests are looking forward to more than ever. As Broadoaks Country House is an exclusive use wedding venue in the Lake District, you can have whatever entertainment you want!
Wedding Entertainment Lake District
Broadoaks is a beautiful wedding venue in the heart of the Lake District and has hosted many types of entertainment for weddings over the years. We have a great range of regular suppliers that can be found on our website and below are a few more ideas of what entertainment you can have at your Lake District wedding.
Wedding Ceremony Music
While you are busy getting ready, your guests will be arriving, this can be a bit of a slow moment for guests, so it is an ideal time to bring in live music. Not only will this keep them entertained, but it will help set the tone for the day. Do you want a casual, relaxed atmosphere? Or something more romantic and intimate? Choosing the right musician in this moment can help your guests relax into the day.
A photographer to capture your special day is essential but to get the magical photographs with all your friends and family can take some time, so providing entertainment for your guest while this is happening is a great idea. Music is a good option again, but you could also go for something like a caricaturist or a contemporary magician – these can help to keep the guests engaged and happy (and give them a memento from the day).
Wedding Evening Options
While you may want to dance the night away, it is always good to have options for your guests in the evening. Here are some fun choices:
- Photo Booths – fast becoming a wedding staple, photo booths will give your guest a memento for the day and provide a great opportunity to have fun and be silly.
- Cocktail Bars – you can hire a professional if you like, which can give you the opportunity to create your own unique cocktail. If you’re having a winter wedding or you’d rather avoid alcohol, a hot chocolate bar is a good option too.
- Scavenger Hunts – an unusual but budget-friendly choice. A scavenger hunt can be personal, fun, and silly – a great way to encourage guests to interact with each other. Print off a checklist for each table and let them have fun finding hidden treasures! You can even provide a prize for the winning team.
- Fireworks – an amazing way to round off your special day, gather your family and friends around once night falls to enjoy a spectacular fireworks display expertly performed on our grounds.
- Something for the Kids – if you have kids in your wedding party then don’t forget them. Broadoaks has an amazing outdoor space, so make the most of it. Ideal for spring and summer weddings, you can set up tipis, giant Jenga, Connect 4, and other outdoor games. You can even provide Space Hoppers for impromptu races – perfect for kids of all ages!
Lake District Weddings are the perfect opportunity to bring people together to relax and to create amazing memories. Great entertainment will add to the whole experience and give you and your guests a wedding to remember! To discuss how your favourite wedding entertainment will work at Broadoaks, talk to our experienced wedding team today.