Dog Friendly Accommodation in the Lake District
Congratulations on finding Broadoaks Country House. If you have a dog and you are looking to bring your best friend away with you then you have found the right place. As dog owners ourselves we take great pride in offering our beautiful country house hotel to similar considerate dog owners.
All of our 3 beautiful Garden Suites and our main suite "Boudoir" are 4 paw friendly, just look out for the "paw" symbol when you view the room details.
We will treat your best friend as one of our guests , they will receive a personal pack of treats on arrival (from Molly the cockapoo) along with a copy of her 4 paws menu.
All Rates quoted are on DDBB (Doggie Dinner Bed and Breakfast rates).
Broadoaks would like to introduce "Molly" the house cockapoo
My name is Molly (or Molster to my friends) and I would like to welcome you to “my” lovely hotel - Broadoaks Country House which offers dog friendly accommodation. It took a lot of convincing to allow me to invite my friends to Broadoaks, so you will really need to be on your best behaviour or I will get into trouble.
Molly’s house rules:
- No pups under the age of 12 months
- Only Two "small to medium sized" dogs (up to 30kg) allowed in each dog friendly room
- Collars, Leads & Tiaras on when in the main house and grounds
- No jumping on the beds with dirty paws
- No howling, barking (or in my case singing) in the house or you will be asked to go and sit in your car or naughty corner
- We are not allowed to join the grownups in the Oaks restaurant - and our recently refurbished bar is too small to accommodate evening dining so you are only able to eat in the room you are staying in or on the outside patios
- We are allowed in all other public areas including the music room and bar, we also have a field at the back of the hotel that can be used for morning exercise …yippee no leads required!
- Poop bags and specially designated poop bins must be used
- Your parents will need to pay a damage deposit of £250 before check in to your room
Full terms and Conditions for adults to read prior to booking: http://www.broadoakscountryhouse.co.uk/terms-conditions
OK so now that all the formalities out of the way! Let's talk about the most important things FOOD ……. I have worked very hard with our chef Sharon to put a special menu together for your stay (see below). I hope you like it, if you do have any special dietary requirements then just let us know before you arrive and Sharon has promised me that she will do her best to prepare something to suit your taste buds.
One last thing if you really don’t like dining on your own in your room and want to dine with the grownups then if we are not too busy (less than half full) we can sometimes let your parents eat their posh evening dinner in the bar, then you can sit under the table (this option can only be accommodated at certain times of the year when we are very quiet, and may only be confirmed 24hrs in advance of your stay).
It is a nice treat for your parents to dine in our lovely restaurant, so I would always recommend staying in the bedroom watching my favourite movie “Garfield”, that way everyone has more fun!
Ps I hope you enjoy your stay at Broadoaks.
4 Paws Menu
Slices of grilled chicken breast
Cubes of roasted beef (Molly’s favourite)
Traditional Pedigree Chum
Bowl of best quality doggie dry food (good with Chef's gravy)
Chef's home made gravy Gravy
Crunchy Gravy Bones
Sliced Sausage and bacon mixed with dry food
(toast available on request)
Compliments from Molly during your stay
Bowls of Cumbrian water (you will be provided with a bowl in your room)
2 x Gourmet Snacks from Mrs bishops Doggy Deli
Crunchy Gravy Bones
(part of £25 per night DDBB package, deduct £5 if you are bring your own food)
Spare leads for loan & poop bags available on request
Are you staying with us at Christmas or New Year?
Molly was very proud of herself when she negotiated the new festive menu with Sharon our head chef.
Everything on this menu including choices from the std 4 Paws Breakfast menu are available during your stay each day at our std rate of £25 DDBB (Doggie, Dinner Bed & Breakfast).
Molly is pleased to announce that a selection of her favourite Bandanas are now available to purchase at Broadoaks.
Ditsy Pet is a stunning brand of handmade pet collars & accessories, using unique fabrics and trims to create an individual product for your canine & feline friends.